6.8.09

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been able to keep up very well it's been a loco time. I don't have internet at home and the church used to be just down the street from my house... but it's not anymore so it's not as easy to keep up. No excuses but that's what's up.

I've had a crazy week. Last Tuesday I got a call from an electrician in the church to the effect of "come to work tomorrow, I have tools you can borrow." I said ok. So Wednesday I went to work. Kind of a hack job company, worked with some decent guys but the boss was a jerk. Wasn't going to work out so yesterday was my last day. I worked till 5 every day then had to be somewhere at 6 so it's just been insane. Good to get some work in... the metric system is stupid imho. Of course they all think imperial is stupid. Anyways that's that story. One of the guys I was working with fell out of an airplane once. That's awesome. I mean he jumped out, but his parachute had a malfunction and he hit the ground full speed and survived. No broken bones or anything, left an imprint in the ground like looney tunes. Unbelievable.

Church stuff... is church stuff. So many politics and complaints and "issues" which I feel shouldn't even be issues, people are messy. We've been meeting at an elementary school hall in town which is sweet but quite a bit of work to set things up. We're only having one service now. Honestly, it sucks for me. I'm at the middle of the same battle I've been fighting for years... old conservativy types having a problem with the way I worship God. I'm frustrated because I thought the whole reason I came here was to shake things up you know... but now I'm at the middle of this web of tension and pressure to keep everyone happy. Which is not who I am you know? I'm not built to keep everyone happy. I'm built to anger a few on my way through. And I don't think church is about making everyone happy. Honestly I was on the verge of just leaving last night. We had music practice and it was SO bad. I mean musically it was miserable. And I was having thoughts of how easy it would be to just dissappear. I have enough money for a ticket to argentina or somewhere. I hate that some days I just think "only a few more months of this..." Other days I'm jacked on it though. I feel like an emo rollercoaster man. I'm normally a pretty level headed phlegmatic type but it's unbelievable right now. Last night I was totally over it. The night before i was geeking out. Right now I just don't give a rat's ass. But it's not about how I feel you know? Hanging on to the truth of where God has placed me, even if it's only by one finger. I mean whether or not this was the exclusive path with Him, I'm here and he paved the way and I will be faithful with it. I will stick to the commitment, live on the vision and covenant. Not on what I feel like doing. I know He's behind me. I've made some good friends here, had a long therapeutic talk with the worship pastor at City Church last night. Just good to have somebody who understands, and to hear that in my position they would feel the same. There are some really exciting things happening very soon. On the 18th of August I'm taking my youth group to join with the baptist youth group for a night of worship and intercession for the city. It will be so rad. We're planning on doing it once a month, starting with our combined groups and then connecting with other youth in the city. Going to blow the top off of some things and I'm freaking excited about it. Also once a month we're starting a night worship service. Mike Carey, Jeff Hill, and I are the leadership team for it and it's unbelievable. Mike was in YWAM in New Zealand and Thailand in the seventies. Jeff was on staff at my base for a number of years in the late eighties and early nineties and was my connection to come back here. They are both so awesome and it's soo good to sit with likeminded ywam types and work out ways to give God a place to move. Also... Dustin is coming to visit and we have a road trip on the South Island planned. The poeple that own the house I live in have a campervan down there they said we can use. And it's registered with some special club that gets it into the secret spots. Awesome. Jodi is coming out for a week as well. It will be so good to see some old friends. Oh and I'm going to Sydney soon to see Jamie and it will be wicked. The weather the last couple of days has been absolutely gorgeous. We're in springtime now. Winter here was like no thang. Anyways I could keep talking for a while but I'll leave it till next time.

No comments: