31.12.08

Hey!

So we've made it Guam! It's awesome here so far. Let me give you a little run down:

Be praying for us. We're really trying to seek direction on what we should be doing while we're here. I've mentioned that the YWAM base here just started operating last spring, but I didn't really realize how much of a struggle they are in. There's no electricity in our building because they can't afford it. There's no internet on the base... which in this day and age is almost a necessity if you're going to be in touch with possible students and staff. The staff on base are only eating two meals a day, and they are working full time jobs to keep the place alive. The property is owned by a local church, and I don't know what rent is like, but somehow it seems like everyone is working their butts off to barely survive. So that's a big prayer point.

Also on the financial front... I sent an email out a few days ago and mentioned that all of my financial needs have been met. Which is true... my debt to YWAM is paid off. However... something happened in the accounting realm and as a team we have come up $3000 american dollars short. We have some fundraising plans, and we are confident that God will provide what we need, but I want you to know that if you want to give, it is needed. We are keeping a very tight budget right now. I only have limited email access about once a week now, But if you want to give, you can send it to my parents or Garrett Rupp, they know how to get it directly to me. You can also email me at chargrove217@yahoo.com to find out how, or find me on paypal at the same email address.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing good. I'm doing great.

Happy New Year!

No comments: