12.7.09

Snow trip weekend? Success. Got back yesterday at around 3. Drove over to Turangi to stay on Friday. Didn't know what I was looking for so I overshot it. By a long ways. But what do you do, we made it eventually. There wasn't very much snow, I was a little disappointed but all the kids were amazed at thigh deep snow. They all had fun. A couple of them bailed so 7 came, a couple of them who haven't been involved with youth yet. I think everyone had fun. I was exhausted. One other leader, a girl named Alex, came along and I was soo thankful I don't know what I would've done without her. I have pictures to show you but I can't upload them from a cafe computer so they will have to wait. Saturday night we went to some hot pools and their rules were simple... "no fun." I exaggerate but that's what it came down to. So of course everyone wants to break all the rules. One of the girls is a little bit... clumsy... and biffed it on the walkway. And biffed it a lot trying to walk on the snow. I shouldn't laugh too much but... it's funny. Played mafia for hours. So that was cool.

No comments: